2014-2016 Committee Members:
Amanda Clark, BFA, Chair
Stephanie Alimena, BA
Andrea Alvarez, BS
Lucie Clements, MSc
Siobhan Mitchell, MSc, MRes
Carina Stern, BFA, CISSN
Advisor: Sarah Beck, MSc
- To facilitate communication and networking with students, dancers, and emerging dance medicine and science enthusiasts
- To be a strong representation of 'fresh' and 'forward-thinking' ideas for IADMS in partnership with the IADMS Board of Directors
- To help recruit and maintain student and emerging practitioner membership to IADMS.
- Gather information regarding educational, experiential, and mentorship opportunities for students of dance medicine and science
- Create and maintain a Student Committee web page on the IADMS website
- Increase awareness of IADMS via student committee publications and communications
- Plan and facilitate informative sessions and networking opportunities for students and early career professionals at the IADMS Annual Meeting each year
The Student Committee was first considered in 2005 at a new member 'Meet-and-Greet' with the IADMS Board of Directors during the 15th Annual Meeting in Stockholm, Sweden. Several of the attendees were students. One of these, Edel Quin, suggested it would be helpful to have a committee dedicated to the needs of the student population. The Board agreed, and charged her with the task of founding the committee. Along with Shantel Ehrenberg, Edel invited several prominent student members to serve on the new committee. The first two years were spent determining its aims and objectives, laying the foundation for proposed initiatives, and establishing the Student Committee as an indispensable facet of IADMS. Today the Student Committee works closely with members of the IADMS Board and other key members of the Association to ensure that the outlook and needs of student and early career members are understood and met wherever possible. The Student Committee hopes to continue to develop its supportive network and increase outreach to this population.
Student Discussion Forums
Information on how to join IADMS
Links and Resources
IADMS Student FAQ
Answers to questions that students may have about the field of dance medicine and science.
Career Options in Dance Medicine and Science (PDF)
This is an overview of a student session from a past IADMS Annual Meeting which provides advice from a panel of professionals who spoke about their own careers in dance medicine and science.
Research Pathways in Dance Medicine and Science (PDF)
This is an overview of a student session from a past IADMS Annual Meeting which provides advice for individuals looking to pursue a career pathway in dance medicine and science research.
Educational Opportunities in Dance Medicine and Science (PDF)
This document, compiled by the Student Committee, lists degree programs, internships, clinical placements, and other programs. (Revised edition, November 2013)
If you have additions or corrections to this document, please use the comment link below.
Harkness Center for Dance Injuries: For Students
CLICK HERE to comment on this web page, or to send feedback to the Student Committee.
Rev. 23 Nov 2014