International in Scope
Comprehensive in Coverage
A Quarterly, Peer-Reviewed, Scientific Journal
Indexed in MEDLINE
Recommend this journal to your library!
The Journal of Dance Medicine & Science is now available online through IngentaConnect. Online subscribers receive the current year's issues plus access to all back issues.
Aims and Scope
Each issue focuses on bringing you the current results of clinical and experimental research. The aim of the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science is to provide you with one source for up-to-date information. Featured articles are drawn from the fields of:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- General Medicine
- Sports Medicine and Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Dance Education
- Nutrition and Diet
Each year the Journal brings you original articles with a focus on the identification, treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention of illness and injuries in dancers. Articles emphasize the application of scientific principles to current practice.
Whether you are a physician or surgeon, physical therapist or dance educator the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science will provide you with the information you need in your daily practice. A subscription to the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science is included as a benefit of membership in IADMS (click here to view complete list of member benefits).
- Original Scientific Articles by respected authorities in the field detailing the latest results of their current research.
- Review Articles which provide an in depth, thoughtful synopsis of the body of knowledge on a given subject, fully referenced.
- Case Reports highlighting typical and atypical injuries, diseases, and disorders with thoughtful insights into their management, rehabilitation, and the dancer's safe return to a pre-performance level of activity.
- Abstracts from the Current Literature – a section containing full bibliographic citations, abstracts, and commentaries on the recent articles providing you with a quick overview of recent developments.
- Consensus Statements – reprints and synopses of consensus statements issued by major medical societies and associations which have a direct impact on your practice and the treatment of dancers.
- Book Reviews highlighting the new, important works.
- News & Notes covering the current meetings, symposia, and courses throughout the world.
- Letters to the Editor – concise discussion of current articles and issues published in the journal.
Each year the journal provides a topic-oriented review issue focusing on an area of dance medicine and science that has a significant impact on the management, rehabilitation, long-term care and training of dancers.
Each offers a review and summary of the current state of knowledge, serving as a reference you will keep on your shelf and turn to time and again.
Each special issue is coordinated by a distinguished guest editor and includes comprehensive review articles written by a faculty of recognized experts.