Welcome to the Student Committee web page!
2012-2014 Committee Members:
Sarah Beck, MSc, BSc, Chair
Ciara Burgi, SPT, CSCS, PES
Jillian Descoteaux, MSc, ATC
Hannah Etlin-Stein, MSc, BFA
Danielle Jarvis, MS, ATC
Advisor: Andrea Brown Kozai
David S. Weiss, MD
- To facilitate communication and networking with students, dancers, and emerging dance medicine and science enthusiasts
- To be a strong representation of 'fresh' and 'forward-thinking' ideas for IADMS in partnership with the IADMS Board of Directors
- To help recruit and mainain student and emerging practitioner membership to IADMS.
- Gather information regarding educational, experiential, and mentorship opportunities for students of dance medicine and science
- Create and maintain a Student Committee web page on the IADMS website
- Increase awareness of IADMS via student committee publications and communications
- Plan and facilitate informative sessions and networking opportunities for students and early career professionals at the IADMS Annual Meeting each year
The Student Committee was first considered in 2005 at a new member 'Meet-and-Greet' with the IADMS Board of Directors during the 15th Annual Meeting in Stockholm, Sweden. Several of the attendees were students. One of these, Edel Quin, suggested it would be helpful to have a committee dedicated to the needs of the student population. The Board agreed, and charged her with the task of founding the committee. Along with Shantel Ehrenberg, Edel invited several prominent student members to serve on the new committee. The first two years were spent determining its aims and objectives, laying the foundation for proposed initiatives, and establishing the Student Committee as an indispensable facet of IADMS. Today the Student Committee works closely with members of the IADMS Board and other key members of the Association to ensure that the outlook and needs of student and early career members are understood and met wherever possible. The Student Committee hopes to continue to develop its supportive network and increase outreach to this population.
IADMS 23rd Annual Meeting – Seattle, Washington, USA – October 17-20, 2013
Students Discussion Forum
Information on how to join IADMS
Links and Resources
Educational Opportunities in Dance Medicine and Science (PDF)
This document, compiled by the Student Committee, lists degree programs, internships, clinical placements, and other programs. (Revised edition, August 2012)
If you have additions or corrections, please use the comment link below.
Harkness Center for Dance Injuries: For Students
CLICK HERE to comment on this web page, or to send feedback to the Student Committee.
Rev. 21 Oct 2013